RN Team Lead – Case Management
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Financial Services - Insurance
Loading some great jobs for you...
PURPOSE OF JOB:
The Team Lead – Case Management provides leadership to the Case Management team and assists in the day-to day activities. This position ensures the department meets timelines and quality standards related to Case Management. Primary responsibilities include monitoring utilization review activities and outcomes as well as staff oversight.
CASE MANAGER ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Perform the comprehensive assessment of high-risk members, including evaluation of physiological, functional, psychosocial, environmental, financial, caregiver capability, and medication lists and compliance.
- Collaborate with the primary care provider to ensure the implementation of an individualized, comprehensive care plan with specific interventions designed to engage the member, provider, and family/significant others. The Case Manager addresses, identifies, and continuously reassesses cost-efficient, appropriate levels of care.
- Put non-medical community based support services in place to ensure compliance with treatment plan, (i.e. housing, transportation, entitlements).
- Coordinate planned and unplanned transitions from members’usual setting of care to the next setting as defined by individual member needs. Communicate the care transition process with the member or responsible party.
- Participate with the attending physicians, primary care physicians, social workers, and discharge planners in transitioning patients to the most appropriate level of care.
- Participate in MM case rounds and MM departmental staff meetings
- Record ongoing clinical, functional, quality of life, satisfaction, and fiscal outcomes during the management process. The ICM assessment process fosters the development of an alliance between the case manager and patient/client using motivational interviewing skills while disentangling physical, psychological, social, and health system barriers to improvement.
- Participate in QM studies as directed.
- Enhance communication and collaborative relationships with multidisciplinary healthcare team members.
- Emphasize continuity of care, thus reducing or eliminating fragmentation, duplication, and gaps in treatment plan.
- Act as a patient advocate protecting privacy and confidentiality issues.
- Provide patient education, monitoring of health needs, and coordination of community resources.
- Prevents adverse patient occurrences when possible and intervenes quickly if prevention is not possible, thereby minimizing poor outcomes.
- Collect quality review data to support outcome measurements. Maintain a comprehensive working knowledge of community resources and network services for target population.
- Identify opportunities for health promotion and illness prevention.
- Participate in MM Department projects per the direction of the Director Medical Management.
- Demonstrate proficiency with the principles and methodologies of process improvement. Apply these in the execution of responsibilities in support of a process focused approach.
- Performs other duties as necessary or assigned.
- Registered Nurse or Licensed Social Worker with current, unrestricted, licensure required for state of New York
- Bachelors or Associates degree in a related field preferred
- Certified Case Manager is preferred.
- Minimum of five (5) years Med/Surg experience; hospital setting preferred.
- Minimum two (2) years of experience in Utilization Management, Discharge Planning, Case Management or Home Care.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills as demonstrated by the ability to convey precise, technical information clearly and concisely. Special interpersonal skills that foster positive working relationships with internal and external customers, including a pleasant telephone manner.
- Ability to analyze and integrate complex medical information and make sound decisions.
- Resourcefulness as demonstrated by the effective application of professional knowledge to new situations.
- Demonstrated ability to make sound decisions based upon established guidelines.
- Strong organizational and prioritization skills as demonstrated by the ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications; Facets experience preferred.
Loading some great jobs for you...